Wealthiest Place on Earth.

Wealthiest Place on Earth.

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Spring Break SWA


I just recently went to Japan town for the first time during the second week of March this year. It was extremely pretty, and proportional, compared to Chinatown at least. I take that back actually, China town was pretty, but Japan town was gorgeous. Though the buildings were plain and silver/gray, for some reason the entire thing just stood out from the rest of San Francisco. The interior, is where Japan town really shines, there’s colors everywhere, Japanese culture, and souvenirs everywhere. It was my friends last weekend before he had to leave to the marines so I thought we could just go somewhere far away and tourist-like for a change. Most of my friends are also into anime and cartoons and whatnot so I figured why not?
The ethnicities there were well varied and had a mix of groups, but I saw a lot of tourists who were Asian for the most part. There are two malls, and between them, stand this Japanese styled tower. You can confirm to yourself that you are in Japan town when you see this structure. Inside the mall, I didn’t actually buy much so of course I’d love to go back and get some of the unique souvenirs I actually wanted, like a Japanese sandal. And if I was handed a free ticket to go any place in the world? I’d go straight to Oklahoma. My father and the other half of my family lives there and I haven’t seen them in a while. I’d love to have a free trip to go and get spend some quality time with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment